From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 2:28 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Using QCMDEXC in an SQL SELECT statement Was: Disabled User
Profiles

You can with a CALL...

Without doing doing anything, you can use

CALL QCMDEXC ('SOMECLCMD', 0000000009.00000);

As long as the interface you're using supports the calling of stored
procedures.

In general. every *PGM object on the box can be called as a stored
procedure without defining it using the CREATE STORED PROCEDURE...
Basically, the only reason for CREATE STORED PROCEDURE is to add some
extra functionality, particularly with respect to parameter handling.

Charles