On 2/15/11 2:44 PM, DeLong, Eric wrote:
Key length limits of 2000 bytes, may be composed of up to 120
columns.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/db2/rbafzmstlimtabs.htm

Originally, it seems the key length limit was 120 bytes, though I
don't see this in official documentation...

http://www.mcpressonline.com/programming/rpg/unlocking-the-klist.html

The 120 bytes was a S/36 limitation [and so the S/36 Environment; limited further however, to 99 bytes by at least the RPG II, DFU/36, and Query/36]. There was never any similarly small limit for any of the OS/400 native "keyed" object types that I can recall; esp. not the database, where its original maximum keylen may have reflected the limit on the S/38, but I am confident the value was never lower than 512. I believe some interfaces [e.g. CL DCLF, DFU, etc.] might have limited their own database *FILE key length support to some lower value like 256, 512, or 1024 prior to [if even yet] supporting the full 2000.

Regards, Chuck