From: John Earl <john.earl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: QIBM_QPWFS_FILE_SERV - V6R1 - Fails to call(?)
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 8:58 AM
Narayanan,

It looks like you're doing the right things...

I would stub in a bit of code that sent a message to a
message queue
(or some similar notifying process) to verify that my exit
program was
getting called in the first place. Then perhaps you can
have it write
some of it's internal values to the message queue before it
sets the
return code and returns.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the File Server
requires the
entire subsystem to be brought down in order for the exit
program to
take hold.  I remember that some of these
communications jobs were
very stubborn to take a new exit program, I just don't
recall which
ones.

hth,

jte