Joe,

There seems to be some PTFs that have been issued to fix some problems with
the same symptoms you are observing. Check this:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2f92875ea69309d67862577cc003c9444

<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2f92875ea69309d67862577cc003c9444>

Also, there are some changes in the way that SQL treats decimal data. Now it
seems to be more "strict" in its handling of errors. A quick search give me
this:

(Memo to Users V6R1)

*Badly formed data can trigger data mapping error*
Prior to V6R1, if there was badly formed data in decimal or zoned fields
within physical files, it was
dependent on the query implementation and the interface as to whether an
SQL0406 or an SQL0802 data
mapping error would be signalled. In V6R1, there is better detection for
data mapping errors caused by
badly formed decimal and zoned data in non-SQL tables. It will be more
likely that an SQL0406 or
SQL0802 will be seen on V6R1. It will be necessary to correct the badly
formed data within the physical
file to avoid the data mapping error.
------------------------------
(Memo to Users i7.1)

*SQL Query changes in collation of errors might result in a SQL0802*

A change was made to not collate errors for SQL queries with ordering,
distinct, or aggregation. This was

done to avoid providing unpredictable or wrong results when a result in
error cannot be included in

ordering, aggregation, or distinct result sets. A selection error is now
signaled in this scenario, using the

SQL0802 message with SQLCODE=-802 and SQLSTATE=’22003’. The SQL0802 message
will be preceded

by CPF5035 and CPD4019 escape messages.

To allow compatibility with previous behavior, a new QAQQINI option,
COLLATE_ERRORS, is available.

COLLATE_ERRORS - Specifies how data errors are handled on the GROUP BY and
ORDER BY expression

during hash or sort processing within queries.

Supported values:

Chapter 2. IBM i operating system *15*

- *DEFAULT - The default is *NO.

- *NO - A value of *NO causes the query to be ended with an error when a
grouping or ordering

expression results in an error.

- *YES - A value of *YES indicates that the grouping or sort continues.

This support was also available by PTF in V5R4 and V6R1.

HTH,

Luis Rodriguez