From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CRTSRVPGM

from the programmer perspective, it's highly efiicient to keep it simple and
stable !!!
Binder language seems to me to be one of the unnecessary annoying joke
features like /free /end-free (what the hell should it be else with a blank
in column 6), eval (there comes an assignment afterwards!), callp (there
comes a function call afterwards), semicolons within statements (preventing
from nesting an assignment in a condition)...

Dieter

That may not be the most efficient way but it seems to me to be the
simplest (Yes, I realise that with multiple modules, private procedures
will be rendered public). I'm sure we'll have some opposing views in a
couple of hours from now ;-)