I don't use any binder language ( export(*ALL) ) and rebind everything using the changed SRVPGM and don't have had any problems with this. nearly all of my SRVPGMS consist of one module and it doesn't make too much sense using binder language for this, I would recommend to use some change management software instead.

D*B

From: "David FOXWELL" <David.FOXWELL@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:00 AM
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: CRTSRVPGM

-----Message d'origine-----
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Charles Wilt
Envoyé : mercredi 12 janvier 2011 19:26

> I feel that it's a little scary though. Imagine someone
made a mistake
> in the binder source? I suppose it's difficult to make, but
it must be possible.

Sure, but if somebody can't be trusted to add lines to the
end...perhaps they are in the wrong line of work?

And it's easy enough to double check. Lot's easier than
double checking that you didn't miss recompiling something
that used a bound by copy module.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to prototypes that would make sure I didn't mix up my parameters when I compile. Here we have the possibility of mixing up procedures, with one program running ok and another not. And no compiler to help.
In the end I suppose it's similar to adding a parameter to an old opm program.

I agree with Barbara's conclusions from the message you linked to:
1. Don't use EXPORT(*ALL).
2. You can't change the order of the exports with either
style of binder
source, so you might as well use the simple form with the single
list of exports.

As a newbie to binder source, I found Buck's way with multiple lists and signatures very intuitive. But I can imagine that these lists can become very long.