Put the connection and login credentials in the script, that way they don't
appear on the user's screen.
Then run the script via a CL wrapper that has the OVRDBF. This way, all they
have to do is call the pgm, or execute a command.

We do this with several jobs that send data to our Windows servers as well
as others' externally.

Here's an example:

open 10.28.0.55
user X1R546A BR549x1zf8
namefmt 1
cd edidata
put /tmp/cuusnff.int
dir
quit

I add the "dir" to the script so when it finishes, I can see what happened
if there are errors.

BTW: In the output for the FTP session, the password is replaced with
asterisks.

Will this work for you? Or, am I not fully understanding the problem?

Ron

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM, James H. H. Lampert <