From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: v6r1 sav stuck - no error msg

Question:

The V7R1 memo to users says:

"GO SAVE, GO RESTORE, GO LICPGM changes

In IBM i 7.1, the GO SAVE (options 21-23, 40), GO RESTORE (options 21-23,
40), and GO LICPGM
(option 40) menus were enhanced to end TCP before ending the subsystems.
Commands that are issued
as part of these options are:
v End TCP/IP Server (ENDTCPSVR)
v End Host Server (ENDHOSTSVR)
v End TCP/IP (ENDTCP)
To allow time for these commands to process, two Delay Job (DLYJOB) commands
are issued. A total of
10 minutes delay is added before the End Subsystem (ENDSBS) command is
issued."

This means V7R1 is different than V6R1 in this regard. Do you know on V7R1
where in the above sequence those 2 DLYJOB commands are? I have V7R1 on
order, but I may as well incorporate the same delays in my own CL
endsys-type program right now.

Thanks.