I have a batch job that calls QP2SHELL to run SFTP. Most of the time
this job runs with no problems. Since the system was upgraded from V5R4
to 6.1 (in April) the job will randomly blow up with the following
error:

From Program . . . . . . . : tia_fault

To module . . . . . . . . . : QP2LOAD

To procedure . . . . . . . : Qp2Load

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 119

Message . . . . : Space offset X'00000000' or X'F100009D80049198' is
outside

current limit for object CDB218CL FTPSFTP 638039.

Cause . . . . . : A program tried to set a space pointer, tried to use

storage outside a space, or tried to use an unallocated page in
teraspace.

The space class is X'08'. The space class designates the type of
space:

00-primary associated space (includes space objects). 01-secondary

associated space 0. 02-implicit process space for automatic storage.

03-implicit process space for static storage in activation group mark

X'0000000000000000'. 04-implicit process space for heap identifier

X'00000000' in activation group mark X'0000000000000000'. 05-constant
space.

06-space for handle-based heap identifier X'00000000'. 07-teraspace
offset

X'F100009D80049198'. 08-teraspace for System i5 PASE memory address

X'F100009D80049198'. Offset X'00000000' only applies to storage outside

teraspace. X'80000000000000000000FFFFFFFFFFFF' is a pointer to the
teraspace

page or the start of the implicit process space for the allocation.

From module . . . . . . . . : QP2LOAD

From procedure . . . . . . : send_message__FPcT1Pvi

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 11

To module . . . . . . . . . : FTP504CL

To procedure . . . . . . . : FTP504CL

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 11600

Message . . . . : Program or service program QP2SYS in library QSYS
ended.

Reason code 4.

Cause . . . . . : The specified program or service program was ended
due to

one of the following: 1 -- A pointer was used that is not available
for use

while running in the current program state. 2 -- A pointer was used,
either

directly or as a basing pointer, that has not been set to an address.
3 -- A

pointer type was not valid for the requested operation. 4 -- An error
was

found while checking parameter structure. 5 -- The caller is not
allowed to

use this interface. Recovery . . . : Correct the parameter list
passed to

the program or service program and try the request again. If the
reason code

is 5, you will need to use a different interface.

When I rerun the job it completes normally. Here is the code that is
throwing the above error:

CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) PARM('/QOpenSys/usr/bin/-sh' '-c' &CMD)

&CMD contains: /QOpenSys/bin/sftp -vvv -b /home/USERID/ftpscript.txt
vendoruserid@xxxxxxxxxx

I have been unable to find any info in the lists or by googling. Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vilena Parrish