Program A calls Program B which calls Program C.

Programs B and C are in an activation group.

Program A can be instructed to RCLACTGRP the group which contains B and C.

If I re-compile program C the replacement object is in use until I instruct program A to RCLACTGRP before calling program B.

After that, the new version of program C is in use.

This doesn't work for program B. THe replacement object stays in use and the new version of the program is not used.

If I re-compile C again and instruct program A again to RCLACTGRP, the new version of program C is put into use but the replacement object for B remains on the call stack.

The WRKJOB command verifies that B and C are in the same activation group and the program A has deleted the activation group.

Why won't the new version of program B come into use?

Both Program B and Program C call program D which is in the default activation group.

Other programs besides A call Program B.