BTW - if objects are created starting from V5R1, removing observability still leaves the creation data. If they are reporting as not convertible, then that vendor hasn't done their homework, and you need a new version.

It doesn't have to come from a 7.1. system for the purpose of being convertible. All our stuff is compiled to v5r1 and runs fine on 6.1 and 7.1, everything converts just fine.

I'm beginning to think that customers should run STROBJCVN *CONVERT on their 6.1 or 7.1 systems. This is because then the conversion is done already, you don't have to rely on first touch. One place where first touch doesn't work is if I send a debuggable module to a customer, in order to troubleshoot a reported problem. If the *PGM or *SRVPGM has not been converted yet, we get a message about the object can't be updated because it hasn't been converted yet. Seems UPDPGM is not considered a "touch"! Running STROBJCVN takes care of things. Or running the command that uses the object.

Vern