The Dr. is IN. :-)

Why certainly it will. In fact reference the screen shot from Frankie himself to see that is exactly what he uses! I believe the 30GB QIC goes back to V4R5 or something and still works just fine in V7R1.

As to installing it no problem at all. Just do be aware the the screws the hold the tape drives into model 170s with have teeeeeeny heads and you're likely best to use a small flat blade screwdriver. And don't forget there is one screw on the right side as well as the two on the left. The system will need to come down as this drive is on the SCSI string with the load source. Depending on your current drive you may need a 68 pin to 50 pin convereter to connect the FC #6384.

Good Luck!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis.

Work with Storage Controller Resources
System: FRANKIE
Type options, press Enter.
5=Work with configuration descriptions 7=Display resource detail

Opt Resource Type-model Status Text
DC03 2778-001 Operational Storage Controller
BB01 6718-072 Operational Disk Unit
AA07 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
BB05 6718-072 Operational Disk Unit
BB03 6718-072 Operational Disk Unit
OPT05 6321-002 Operational Optical Storage Unit
TAP08 6384-001 Operational Tape Unit