Thanks, but I can never get to the screen which allows me to clear the
job logs and output queues. As soon as I exit DST and start the IPL it
crashes.

Albert

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 4:57 PM, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11-Jun-2010 17:08, Albert York wrote:
I have a system at V5R4 which won't IPL because the disk drives
are full. I can do a manual IPL and can get to DST (which shows *
for disk usage) but if I try to continue with the IPL it tries to
do a dump and dies.

Is there a way to clean  out the jobs logs and output queues from
DST? Or do a RCLSTG from the panel?

Once I get the system up I can do some cleanup so it will IPL
normally.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  Perform a Manual IPL and two "change system" options should be
presented; IIRC, if the signon screen is reached for OS IPL phase,
then just after signon.  Choose both by Y=change [or whatever the
input requirements, to effect "Yes I want to change"], and one of
those two options should offer the options for both "Clear all job
queues" and "clear all spool files".  Choose to do both /clear/
options, cross your fingers, then continue the IPL.

  If those options are highly negative and best would be avoided if
at all possible, then there are also some /tricks/ that can be
effected under the other /change/ option if those menus can be
reached; they should, if the other noted options are available on a
manual IPL.

  There is also an option to hard damage the database cross
reference file dataspace(s) [QADBIFLD for example, which is
typically a very large file on most systems], which will effect the
deletion of the data, its member, and its file... with all the very
negative side-effects.  Note: hard /damage/ does not apply to object
type x'19', thus do *not* ever damage the *FILE object itself, and
the IPL review of the dbxref files is on the dataspaces [and IIRC
the members].

Regards, Chuck