Talk about old timers!! My first programmable calculator was a HP-25, and it
came with a wonderful book full of very useful routines including one called
(IIRC) the Zeller's congruence, used for working with dates. Some of those
algorithms were used in our S/34.

Years later, my wife asked me for a routine for determining a particular day
of the week, to be used in an AS/400 and you can guess which algorithm I
gave her... I think I still have that old manual around somewhere....

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez