I believe that Charles mentioned (in his words) that you must have a unique
key in order to match EMS40DATA.INWHS01P and a4gjnlf.aa0000209. Your join
is not making a unique enough match, so that each joined record returns
exactly one row (or less). This is what the message is trying to tell you.
We can only make suggestions since we don't know your data.

Dennis Lovelady
Sign seen at a Bangkok dry-cleaners:
"Drop your trousers here for best results."

file updating multiple records at a time.

I tried the options that Charles has recommended and some variations.
All
return the same error message.

Update EMS40DATA.INWHS01P a set (a.IWADD1, a.IWADD2, a.IWADD3,
a.IWALWS,
a.IWADD4, a.IWDESC) = (Select coalesce(b.LADD1,c.IWADD1),
coalesce(b.LADD2, c.iwadd2), coalesce(b.LADD3, c.iwadd3),
coalesce(b.LALWH,c.iwalws), coalesce(b.LCOUN,c.iwadd4),
coalesce(b.LDESC,c.iwdesc) from ems40data.inwhs01p c left outer join
a4gjnlf.aa0000209 b on a.iwwhs = b.lwhs Where a.iwwhs = b.lwhs)

SQL State: 21000

Vendor Code: -811

:
The result table of a SELECT INTO statement, a subquery, or a subselect
of a
SET statement contains more than one row. The error type is 2. If the
error
type is 1 then a SELECT INTO statement attempted to return more than
one
row. If the error type is 2 then a subselect of a basic predicate has
produced more than one row. Only one row is allowed. Recovery . . . :
Change the selection so that only one result row is returned and then
try
the request again. The DECLARE CURSOR, OPEN, and FETCH statements must
be
used to process more than one result row. For a subquery the IN,
EXISTS,
ANY or ALL predicates can be used to process more than one result row.
If
one row was expected, there may be data errors, such as duplicate rows,
that
are causing more than one row to be returned.

thanks

Darryl Freinkel

Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | Fax 770.321.8562 | 2247 La Salle Dr,
Marietta
GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA 30007-2556

list