From: Richard Schoen
there might be an SEU command to copy/check out
the source member to your library so you can work on it. Then when you
promote it back to the master source member it could get auto-committed
to SVN.

Regarding IBM i specific check-out & check-in procedures, I could see them operating independently of Subversion's "update" and "commit" procedures. For example, a shop might have a policy of updating working copies from Subversion nightly. But during the day, any number of IBM i check-out / check-in operations may be performed. Where "check-out" copies source members from product libraries, to programmer libraries. Where "check-in" copies member from programmer libraries to product libraries AND related IFS directories. Check-out & Check-in may be interactive. While Subversion "update" & "commit" might be nightly batch operations.

I envision a set of IBM i tables used by check-out & check-in procedures. One to record check-out & check-in history. Others for configuration purposes. More specifically, I envision a product table (student, finance, community, etc), product libraries table, library source files table, and check-out / check-in history table. You might use these tables to indicate mapping between traditional libraries and files, to IFS directories. In addition to check-out / check-in history, you might also record Subvision update / commit history.

So tables might be used for configuration, history, and perhaps even Subversion file conflict resolution; since actual repository synchronization may occur as a nightly batch process.

-Nathan.