Rob,

Thanks. I obviously recollected the conversation with the CE erroneously.

When I WRKHDWRSC TYPE(*STG), I get:

Resource Type-model Status Text
CMB05 2844-001 Operational Combined function IOP
DC03 5709-001 Operational Storage Controller

Using option 9 (Work with resources) shows:

Resource Type-model Status Text
DC03 5709-001 Operational Storage Controller
DD013 4326-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD010 4326-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD011 4326-074 Operational Disk Unit
OPT02 6337-002 Operational Optical Storage Unit
TAP02 6384-001 Operational Tape Unit
D01 28D2-001 Operational Device Services
DD012 4326-074 Operational Disk Unit

Which are the disks, tape, and optical drives (got no idea what D01 is).

Not much chance of swapping out the tape drive.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
--
B&W Wholesale
office: 615-995-7024

Blind people come to the park just to listen to him pitch. -Reggie Jackson on Tom Seaver