From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:17 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Subversion and RPG source change management

That's why a good thought process and methodology is needed J

Right now for iteration 1 we may simply lean towards doing regular
commits of PDM source members to SVN for daily backup purposes. This way
if a source member changes during the day it would get committed to SVN
at least once per day and backups could be easily accessed if needed.

This would easily handle all 3 scenarios from a source backup scenario,
but not be as flexible as I would like because I would like to use the
SVN repository as the source code base, not the PDM source physical
file.

I wonder what a good volunteer team could accomplish with a week of
design and programming !!

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation

Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Web
Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com <http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

One of the bigger issues for developing a complete iSVN client solution,
is
that must be dealed with different coding solutions for three IDE
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201005/msg00453.html>
environments: SEU/PDM at the i side, RSE and iProjects on the pc side.
All
three have a different way of file handling.

Regards,
-Arco