Per earlier mention about receiving a "Could not resolve to" message, for an object type *USRQ, probably that is MCH3401 for a failing resolve system pointer. Often that is a result of some other request to CLRLIB after create but before later resolve where it is /assumed/ the object would still exist; as others have alluded.

Since one of the below quoted messages shows there is a rslvsp instruction, that would be a likely point of origin. I notice it uses *ALL authority as the mask. If not an issue for the object missing, the authority mask could be a problem if the user is not the owner and so automatically authorized to the object which was created "in QTEMP when the application is launched." The mch1401 will show an authority mask other than 0x0000 to reflect what was requested on the RslvSP. If it is that instruction assigning the pointer, then look at the ownership & authority assignment for objects created by the user. For any one job, review the authority established for creating objects into QTEMP. IIRC the WM does not [IMO properly] establish all of the attributes to system defaults for a new job; i.e. CHGLIB QTEMP might impact other jobs.

Regards, Chuck

James H. H. Lampert wrote:
James H. H. Lampert wrote:

A little bit of information from the customer:

It only happens, so far, for one user. It's evidently sporadic
(wonderful!), but has happened twice. The next time it occurs,
we will hopefully get the <HELP> and <F9> on at least what
appear to be the key messages, and the contents of QTEMP
immediately after the crash.

<<SNIP>>

From MI, I am resolving a system pointer to the queue, in the
QTEMP context, immediately after it is created, and as long as
the system pointer I already have for QTEMP is good (and there's
at present no reason not to assume so, as it's used elsewhere,
and is BASPCO POS(65)),
the system pointer to the *USRQ should be good. And I am indeed enqueueing with an MI ENQ statement.

The program that does the dequeueing is in ILE C, with code in
the form:

_DEQ_Msg_Prefix_T d_msg_prefix;
_SYSPTR queue;
char bar[132];
. . .
queue = rslvsp(_Usrq, "FOO", "QTEMP", _AUTH_ALL);
. . .
#pragma cancel_handler(cancelHandler, 0)
. . .
while (deqi(&d_msg_prefix, bar, queue)) {
<here, the dequeued message is processed>
}
#pragma disable_handler
. . .