Hi Guys

I'm helping out with configuring a system that needs some LPAR'ing.
Specifically, The guys I am working with have a 520 that they want to
configure with two partitions.

What I've done so far:

- Created a system plan on the HMC
- Exported the system plan to the SPT (system planning tool)
- Built the two partitions and assigned the hardware using the SPT
- Copied the validated sysplan onto a USB key
- Imported the new sysplan into the HMC
- Attempted to deploy the system plan just imported.

Deploying the plan fails with a message that the system plan specifies
"partition availability priority" which is not valid for the current system
(checking the capabilities of the system verifies that partition
availability priority is false).

What I couldn't find is where the partition availability priority is
actually set. Viewing the system plan on the HMC shows "partition
availability priority=127". In the system planning tool I can't find
anywhere where this parameter is specified.

Do I need some patches for the HMC and/or the SPT or am I missing something
in the process. My immediate thought is to upgrade the HMC to whatever the
latest is, but that seems to needs a few days of study...

HMC is Version 7 Release 3.3.0 Service Pack 0 build 20080421.1
SPT Version is 4.10.97.0

Regards
Evan Harris