Jerry Adams wrote:
<<SNIP>> I have never used savefiles for PTF's; downloaded from
Fix Central and either (in olden days) burned to a CD or put in
an image catalogue. How do I copy the cover letters to see what
the PTFs in the savefile are all about? The CPYPTFCVR wants a a
tape or optical device name. How do I copy the PTF cover
letters? And, if I decide I want to install them, how do I go
about doing this from a savefile?

If I don't want to install the PTF, can I just whack the
savefile? Or is there a command I need to run to get rid of it?

If the save file was created as part of *SERVICE then it is a PTF save file. The CL command to remove a *FILE object which is a PTF save file, is DLTPTF. Another reply already mentioned the GUI method to delete a PTF save file.

If the save file had been created on the system via CRTSAVF, into which save file data had been placed using a feature other than a PTF download service feature [e.g. by FTP PUT, for which any valid save file data could exist, maybe even SAVLIB data], then the DLTF command may be required instead. To be clear, I believe the DLTPTF will delete a save file which is recorded by name into the *SERVICE data, but DLTPTF will not delete a save file which by naming alone simply _appears_ to be a PTF save file; i.e. DLTPTF should not mess with objects the OS PTF feature [PZ component] did not itself both create & track.

Regards, Chuck