First you need to have a better understanding of what you are doing. When
you say you are doing a SAVSYS, well that wouldn't show 3150764 objects,
that message comes out of a SAV command. So, most likely you have done a GO
SAVE 21. Well I can't even imagine a save taking that long to complete
(21:50 - 9) 12+ hours going to one tape. No matter what type of tape
technology (LTO4 or 1/4 inch) that is a long time for one tape. There is
something going on here. I would do a DSPLOG and look at the messages from
9:00am forward. This should tell you what step of the save took so long.
It will tell you when each component of the SAVE 21 ended (so you can see
how long each step took), also you will see when it did a SAVLIB *NONSYS how
long each library took, and if there is a problem there. I would do a
WRKDSKSTS and hit F11, did one of the disks go bad? Did you lose the battery
on your cache controller? Something isn't right for a backup to take 12
hours on one tape, unless you went multiple tapes then you could have a
large system and slow tape technology.

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com