Well, so, o.k., per my previous post, I tried putting the SQL cast in the
application, but, unlike the test I did in the interactive SQL session, it
didn't work in the embedded RPG. ??????

Before I saw this response, I made the change in my application to create
the file (CRTPF) before the FTP to GET the file. For reasons unknown to me,
this didn't work last night, but it works tonight. (I was probably on hour
14 by the time I gave up last night, and that might explain a lot of the
mystery.) Anyway, the data is now getting transferred (it wouldn't last
night), and the translation is good! Problem solved.

I will keep the "LOCSITE CRTCCSID *SYSVAL" tip handy if for future
reference.

Scott, again, many thanks for all the help! Mike, thank you as well!

- Dan

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Scott Klement