Although the suggestions may have been followed, for example by answering the questions, they were not posted in response.? If they helped to get a working solution but not the desired outcome, perhaps posting the responses would assist someone to assist in reaching the desired outcome.?

The 127.0.0.1 should be defined as a TCP\IP "loopback" /Interface/ *and* as a Host Table Table Entry [ADDTCPHTE; although they should exist by default.?] with LOCALHOST as the host name [for that 127.0.0.1 address]. Nothing but a default route, the *DFTROUTE, should be required to be defined in the TCP\IP routes.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/cl/addtcphte.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzaku/rzakupingloopback.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzaku/rzakupingloopbacknav.htm

In a test CRTDDMF on a v5r3 system, having specified the RMTLOCNAME(localhost *IP) seems to have that value resolved to the host name anyhow, after its first access; i.e. DSPFD or DSPDDMF after DSPPFM or OPNDBF show that the remote location name since became the domain host name. As such, I guess just specifying the host name directly would suffice. But then any change to either the domain or the IP address, that would require changing\correcting the DDM file definitions as well.? Very odd, as I would expect the value of localhost to remain unresolved, especially since an "open" is not a CHGDDMF which apparently had effectively transpired; maybe a defect?

Regards, Chuck

Jose Antonio Salazar Montenegro wrote:
I went through all your helpful suggestions and links, and found a way to make it work.

It turns out that a 127.0.0.1 DDMF fails on use with CPE3425, without previous messages, something that was meant the service
was down or the port was wrong, which they aren't:

CRTDDMF FILE(QTEMP/$DDMF) RMTFILE(S47CYFILES/CRFCOM)
RMTLOCNAME('127.0.0.1' *IP)

But using the 'real' IP works fine:

CRTDDMF FILE(QTEMP/$DDMF) RMTFILE(S47CYFILES/CRFCOM)
RMTLOCNAME('1.2.3.4' *IP)

I really don't know if this is equivalent to using 127.0.0.1 or if it's doing a round trip around our net. Either way, it would
be better if the DDMFs pointed to localhost instead of a specific
IP address.

¿Could it be a routing issue? Neither 127.0.0.1 or 1.2.3.4 appear
in the TCP/IP routing table.