Jerry Adams wrote:
I created a new authorization list on our development System i.
I would like to get it to our production i. SAVSECDTA will save
the authorization list to a save file, but I cannot find any way
to restore it.

RSTOBJ does not recognize *AUTL as an supported object type. The
SAVSECDTA help says to use RSTUSRPRF command and RSTAUT, but
those only restore user profiles (at least I could not figure out
how to restore an authorization list).

I even thought about using iNav to drag and drop. Doesn't like
that.

So, how do I get the authorization list to the other System i?
Also, I regularly run the SAVSECDTA command, but what does it do
for me if I can only restore user profiles?

I believe a request to RSTUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) will restore authorization lists; maybe USRPRF(*NONE) too.? The documentation still suggests that "Restoring all profiles is the only way to restore authorization lists and authority holders."
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzarm/rzarmwtshdrup.htm

According to the "What's new for v6r1" there is note of an "Omit Security Data" parameter on the "Restore User Profile" command. It seem that the request "RSTUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) OMITSECDTA(*DCM *FCNUSG) OMITUSRPRF(A* B* C* D* E* F* G* H* I* J* K* L* M* N* O* P* Q* R* S* T* U* V* W* X* Y* Z*)" has a legitimate possibility to effect restore of the *AUTL from the SAVSECDTA while not restoring any user profiles; i.e. meets the requirement of USRPRF(*ALL), but the OMITUSRPRF() requests effectively to prevent any restored User Profile objects. Of course that parameter specification must ensure
to omit additionaly, any other user profiles not covered by those 26 letters of generics; i.e. perhaps any variations of "a*", "~*", etc. for which the generic "*" may or may not be supported. If that does work, then it seems that probably a single value of *ALL should have been allowed on OMITUSRPRF. The request may work, because the *AUTL would be the only special value not in the list of values requested to be omitted from the restore.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzarm/rzarmwhatnew.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/cl/rstusrprf.htm

Regards, Chuck