So true!... that no one method is a panacea for attributing growth to a set of users to "chase" as responsible. And that is why the "tracking percentages" of permanent storage attributed to *USRPRF objects only "*possibly* enables determination...".

The primary points are both, that there is a difference between "permanent" and "temporary" storage which must be considered, and that the request to DSPUSRPRF TYPE(*BASIC) is quick, simple, and should _account_ for all permanently owned storage; as compared with some other options which are not generally quick to reveal other or even the same nuance of relevance.

Regards, Chuck

Dennis Lovelady wrote:
CRPence wrote:
Of course the idea that there are any "large objects" to be located is inherently flawed. <<SNIP>>

If the storage increase is to "permanent storage" versus "temporary storage", the quickest method to track percentage differences is by user profile; even without knowing which old
or new objects might have grown, this possibly enables
determination of which user(s) to "chase". A [baseline]
snapshot <<SNIP>>

Of course, this method is likewise inherently flawed in that it assumes some individual user's objects are at the heart of the
growth. There is no one-size-fits-all solution; there is no best
way; there is no "quickest method" to determine the root of the
problem. While one may work for you this time, it may fall short
next time.

<<SNIP>>

The comparison against baseline that's given (by User Profile) may work for you this time. For another time, a comparison
against baseline using DSPOBJD may do the trick. An analysis of
IFS directory growth may reveal a problem sometimes and for
others RTVDSKINF may be the savior. In fact, all of these tools
have value in the administrator's toolbox, and none of them is
better, except of course the one that solves the current problem.