The library list during restore has nothing to do with the file.mbr objects established as based-on for that restore, just as the library list during CRTDUPOBJ has no effect on the based-on established per:

What file is eligible for the based-on depends on, in which library the based-on file was located when the save was taken, or which library the based-on and dependent logical files were located when the CRTDUPOBJ is issued. Thus adjusting the *LIBL will have no effect on the result of either RSTOBJ or CRTDUPOBJ of a logical file, with regard to what file the logical becomes a dependent of.

The given scenario as I understand, is a restore without any CPF3204 "based-on object not found". It seems there is instead, an undesirable dependency which is established to an existing file. Unless all dependent logical files can be ensured to restore first, I do not think there would be any deferrals, though even if there were, I believe they would attach according to what was saved even if an alternate based-on became available in some other library; i.e. RSTDFROBJ does not have a NEWLIB() parameter to override in what library the LF should look to find the depended-on [based-on] file.mbr objects.

Regards, Chuck

Lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I understand correctly, you have LFs in your custom library over PFs in your standard library.

When you restore the custom library, is the standard library still somewhere in your library list? Taking it out *might* help.

And I seem to recall reading somewhere lately that there was an enhancement in V6R1 to the restore commands that helped in cross library dependency restores.