Anyone notice this lovely treat when trying to install a system i access
for windows service pack? Can't install any newer service packs? Read
the following:

The one line of text below is bold and red on IBM's web site.
For required action before installing V6R1M0 service packs available after
July 1, 2009, click here.

Required action before installing V6R1M0 service packs available after
July 1, 2009

All future V6R1 IBM i Access for Windows service packs available after
July 1, 2009 require that you install a Microsoft security update prior to
installing the service pack. While we do not believe there is an existing
security exposure to any current or previous service packs, IBM is
following Microsoft's recommendation and will, therefore, require this
security update to be applied before installing future service packs.

You may install this update any time prior to installing the next V6R1
service pack for IBM i Access for Windows. The update is compatible with
existing versions of IBM i Access for Windows. Please make plans to have
this update applied before installing the next service pack.

For more information about the security exposure, see:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS09-035.mspx (link
resides outside of ibm.com)

The Microsoft security update can be found at the following location:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2
(link resides outside of ibm.com)

Download and install the correct vcredist_XXXX.exe file for your system.
If you have a 64 bit system, in addition to installing the correct
vcredist_XXXX.exe file for your 64 bit system, you will also need to
install vcredist_x86.exe (32 bit version) since IBM i Access for Windows
will run both 32 and 64 bit executables on a 64 bit PC.

After you have installed this Microsoft security update, you may proceed
to install the next V6R1 service pack for IBM i Access for Windows at your
convenience.