For data purposes, we have a Fireguard by Schwab that we bought at least 15
years ago, maybe 20. It looks the the smallest one here:

http://www.schwabcorp.com/Safes_Pages/schwab_fire_resistant_media.htm

except it's blue and white (guess who's colors). I ass-u-me the specs for
that safe are similar to what we have, though I would guess they have
improved some through the years.

About 7-8 years ago, on a Sunday morning, someone cut a chain link fence
between our building and the railroad right-of-way. He then cut the phone
lines (burglar alarm) and broke in one of the overhead dock doors. Then he
broke into the computer room where this data safe as well as our regular
safe were. Using a sledge, he completely busted into the regular safe
(concrete). By sheer luck, the cash collected the prior Friday had been put
into the data safe, not the regular safe.

Finding nothing other than petty cash, he then attempted to break into the
data safe. He beat the %$#@ out of the door and combination lock, but never
got in.

About that time, an employee (not me) came in to get some extra work done.
From just outside his office is a straight look into the computer room.
Seeing what was happening, he immediately barricaded himself in his office,
called 911 from his cell phone, and hid under his desk. The perp fled,
leaving a trail of petty cash that showed the police how he entered and how
he left.

The data safe handled that well, though we don't know how long he spent
beating it. We replaced the combination lock in it and it's been good ever
since.

I got summoned in right after I got home from church. There was concrete
dust all over the computer room, but the iSeries 270 was still running. I
called the CE who came out and did a thorough vacuuming. Never had a
problem with it.

Shortly thereafter, we added cellular backup to the burglar alarm as well as
security cameras. The perp was never caught, though we have a pretty good
idea who it was.