The QOS* code maintains a job scoped open, so all I/O after the first I/O error since the open will receive the CPF5129. So until the code [or a request to RCLRSC; note: that is Reclaim Resources, which is specific to the job & call level] effects a /full close/ and then a new successful open transpires, the second error will remain.

The important issue then, is the first error, the allocation error msgCPF4128 F/QDBSIGEX T/QODCLOSE x/0D10. I am not entirely clear on the what\why for an allocation error on close, but the normal action would be to investigate any locks using the following request... and I believe requires also that F6 is then pressed after the Work With panel is displayed, or possibly just using OUTPUT(*PRINT) suffices:
WRKOBJLCK QUSRSYS/QAOSSI12 *FILE MBR(*ALL)

Regards, Chuck

brad_bird wrote:
The first FTP attempt got this error:
Message . . . . : 3700 - FTP RMTSYS('10.51.1.99')
CPF4128 Escape 40 11/16/09 21:49:05.808072
QDBSIGEX QSYS 0529 QODCLOSE QSYS 0D10 Message . . : Not able to allocate objects needed for file
QAOSSI12 in library QUSRSYS member or program device QAOSSI12.
Cause . . . . . : One of the following occurred:
-- The file, library, member, or device is in use by
another job. <<SNIP N/A>>
Recovery . . . : Do one of the following
and try the request again: <<SNIP N/A>>

From that point on, any FTP command got this:

Message . . . . : 3700 - FTP RMTSYS('10.51.2.99')
CPF5129 Escape 50 11/16/09 21:53:07.116021
QDMIFERR QSYS 01DB QODCLOSE QSYS Message . . . . : I/O is not allowed because the program
device or member QAOSSI12 file QAOSSI12 in library QUSRSYS
is in error.
Cause . . . . . : An input/output (I/O) operation was
requested for a file that is in error.
Recovery . . : See messages in the job log or program
message queue. Correct the errors, and then try the
request again.

The file was no longer in use but yet we still got the QAOSSI12
file is in error. How do we close out the error when we retry
the FTP commands?