The file QAOSSI12 is an /implementation object/ for some of the /document details/ of DLO [Distribution Library Objects]; objects of type *FLR and *DOC, which are located in the IFS under the /QDLS directory. Presumably the FIN.DSS is a document object, and the failing processing is [IIRC] the /Office Document/ component in its attempt to record\update the document details for the DLO activity. The feature was unable to process the update for at least one row of file QAOSSS## which reflects the updated object, because after an error in I/O the QOD* processing did not close and then open the file before attempting another I/O; i.e. origin for CPF5129, which is a /Data Management/ Interface Error [F/QDMIFERR].

It is possible just about any operation against that document, its folder, or against anything in the /QDLS file system may fail with similar errors. The origin could be an error with the database file network that implements the document details, an error with the journaling for that environment, or an error in the code [Office Services, Office Document, etc.].

To gather some error information before continuing with any recovery attempts:
DSPOBJD QUSRSYS/QAOS* *FILE *SERVICE OUTPUT(*PRINT)
DSPOBJD QUSRSYS/QAOS* *FILE *FULL OUTPUT(*PRINT)
DSPFD QUSRSYS/QAOS* OUTPUT(*PRINT)
DMPDLO /* for the various options can be issued */
.. the spooled output for all, set aside for possible later review along with joblog and dumps for errors during any problem investigation and recovery attempts.

Often such strange errors are the direct effect of some improper restore activity of *FILE objects into the QUSRSYS library.... albeit those types of errors generally occur only after a system recovery or upgrade, but that was not noted as having transpired. The DSPOBJD and DSPFD details would show any restore activity.

Some actions like SAVDLO, CHGDLOOWN, or CHGATR might log similar errors; as investigative actions. If so then RCLDLO for some of its various DLO() parameter single values may resolve as recovery action, or also fail giving more details for analysis of problem origin. But be sure to include the message identifiers and failing instructions in any joblogs; i.e. unlike the materials in the quoted text, where that information was missing.

If another operation [ideally eliminating the FTP] reproduces the problem, then a TRCJOB of the request should identify the original I/O error which apparently is not visible in the joblog of the FTP request. A TRCJOB of only the GET would be good, but to limit the trace data, the *START should only occur just before the FTP GET subcommand is issued.

Regards, Chuck

brad_bird wrote:
During our nightly polling, we starting getting a "Unable to
close file. Error code CPE3006" on upload but yet all download
files were sent successfully. This is a portion of the FTP
output log and program log for the error. Anyone have any idea
on the cause?

get FIN.DSS (REPLACE
227 Entering Passive Mode (<ip-address-removed>).
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
Unable to close file. Error code CPE3006.
226 Transfer complete.
225 ABOR command successful.

11/17/09 01:59:34.326188
QCADRV QSYS 03AE POL806CL MM4R6PGM
To module . . . . . . . . . : POL806CL
To procedure . . . . . . . : POL806CL
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 3700
Message . . . . : 3700 - FTP RMTSYS('<ip-address-removed>')

<ed> msgCPF5129 F/QDMIFERR x/01DB T/QODCLOSE x/????
??????? 50 11/17/09 01:59:34.582295
QDMIFERR QSYS 01DB QODCLOSE QSYS ????
Message . . . . : I/O is not allowed because the program device
or member QAOSSI12 file QAOSSI12 in library QUSRSYS is in error.
Cause . . . . . : An input/output (I/O) operation was requested
for a file that is in error.
Recovery . . . : See messages in the job log or program
message queue. Correct the errors, and then try the request
again.

<ed> msgCPF9846 F/QODCLOSE x/10C1
<ed> T/QODCOMOP TM/QODCCLOS TP/qod_close stmt/176
??????? 40 11/17/09 01:59:34.582524
QODCLOSE QSYS 1075 QODCOMOP QSYS
To module . . . . . . . . . : QODCCLOS
To procedure . . . . . . . : qod_close__FPv11qodFMStsp_tLcs
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 176
Message . . . . : Error while processing file QAOSSI12 in
library QUSRSYS.
Cause . . . . . : An error occurred while doing input or output
operations to the file QAOSSI12 in library QUSRSYS. <<SNIP N/A>>
Recovery . : See the previously listed messages in the job log. Correct the errors and then try the request again.

<ed> msgCPF8A35 F/QODCLOSE x/10C1
<ed> T/QODCOMOP TM/QODCCLOS TP/qod_close stmt/176
??????? 20 11/17/09 01:59:34.582590
QODCLOSE QSYS 10C1 QODCOMOP QSYS
To module . . . . . . . . . : QODCCLOS
To procedure . . . . . . . : qod_close__FPv11qodFMStsp_tLcs
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 176
Message . . . . : Information describing document FIN.DSS or folder *N in folder MM4R6FLR/00143 not changed.
Cause . . . . . : Information describing a document or folder
is stored in the previous-level folder and in the document
details (the database files). The changes to the content of the
document or folder were processed correctly. <<SNIP N/A>>
Recovery . . . : See message CPF5129 and any other previous
messages for recovery actions. Correct the errors and any use
of the object will change the information. (Previous error
message IDs will generally be in the CPF8Axx or CPF90xx ranges).

11/17/09 01:59:34.650505
QCLRTNE QSYS 0058 POL806CL MM4R6PGM
To module . . . . . . . . . : POL806CL
To procedure . . . . . . . : POL806CL
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 4500
Message . . . . : - RETURN /* RETURN due to end
of CL program */