Hi Griz,

We used to use Inovis/Premenos/Harbinger for our EDI. We dropped them and
now outsource the EDI 'stuff' to SPS Commerce, in Minneapolis.

We have MAPICS as our ERP, and all I do is send/receive 'flat files' via
FTP to SPS' site, and they do the actual EDI transalation and sending,
receiving. We don't have to worry about new versions of EDI or any of
that other stuff. Also, I don't have to know the actual inner workings of
EDI:-)

It has worked VERY well for us, and is very inexpensive compared to having
all of the EDI stuff inhouse.

Give me a buzz if you would like to talk about this.

BTW, we are located just up the road from you in Mora.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grizzly Malchow <grizzlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/30/2009 11:05 AM
Please respond to

"midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Ideas for implementing EDI

I'm looking into ways I can implement EDI at our company. This is my first
foray into EDI and I'm pretty much in the dark about what my options are.
Our ERP package offers an EDI module (at an extra charge), and they
suggest using Inovis. Due to the fact that Inovis appears to be expensive,
I will consider using them as a last resort.
I'm looking for a solution that will handle the EDI translation and VAN
requirements, but communicate with me using some other form of
technology(HTTP/FTP). The ability to FTP xml files back and forth would be
an example of how I'd like to communicate with the EDI company.
Does something like this sound possible?
Thanks,
Griz