In my case, my machine is still on V5R3 and I wanted the PTFs for V5R4 so when I upgrade to V5R4 shortly (I already have the CDs for this), I will have most of the PTFs ready to load at the same time. I didn't want to upgrade to V5R4 and then try to get the PTFs after the upgrade. I will try the internet download again in the future. From your post, I think that once I have a more current system, I should be able to just get the PTFs I need in much less than 15 hours. Especially since I would "assume" that there will not be a lot more PTFs for V5R4. :)

Yes, "5-9 business days" is much slower than 15 hours of download time, but I was not in a hurry for the PTFs. Besides, I wasn't sure what the downloading of all that data would do to the fair access policy on my satellite connection.

Thanks

Dave

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok. However, I was asking that if you ordered the ptf's to come to you electronically instead of on media, and you specified the REORDER(*NO) if you find that the download is much better? For example, if you order the latest cume, and you already have 80% of the ptf's on that cume, then it will only download the 20% that you don't have. Which will significantly reduce your download time.

And I still think that 15 hours of download beats "5-9 business days" for USPS. Heck, in that time the hiper group would be out of date.