Sorry, I meant "OPNDBF", not "OPNF"...

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: 11 September 2009 14:08
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CLOF & POSDBF issue

Ron

CL is not the best language for working with files - it has always been
kludgy, and this is just an example. I'm not even sure it is solved with
allowing more than one DCLF in more recent releases. So to get this done
in a single program, do it the right way - JAVA!! Just kidding - RPG. Do
the CPYSPLF in the CLLE module, then read the file in an RPGLE module -
use CALLPRC - very easy - and use CRTPGM to link the 2 modules into one
program - then you have your "single program" solution.

HTH
Vern

Ron Hudson wrote:
The workaround leads me back to my first problem. If I do not hit end of
file, the file remains locked and I cannot overlay it with the next spool
file. The CLOF command does not seem to release the file as I would expect
it to. When EOF is reached, the copy of the next splf does work properly.
Pseudo code below. I know there is the option of splitting it into 2
programs, but seems to me it should work within 1.

WRKSPLF to *print

Copy splf to FILE1

Loop1

RCVF FILE1