If the issue is saving work with wdsc then why not use an svn repository instead? Much better controls.

Walden H. Leverich wrote:
However, a full save followed by a full restore, will put everything back the way it should be and you can expect your Web Applications to
run just fine.

_Assuming_ you really did a FULL save, then yes, a full restore would
put everything back. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean everything will continue
to work.
The i is not an island, hasn't been in a long time. Is DNS on the i? Are
the (now restored) IP addresses correct for the new network? Can my
clients connect to the new network and the new i? How will the DNS
change take place? What about DNS caching? Also, does my i connect out
to other systems? Are those systems (and the firewalls in front of them)
prepared to see requests from another IP? We've not even touched on
phone/fax connectivity, printing, email, etc.

As others have said, this is all stuff that a _complete_ DR test would
address. And if the powers that be aren't willing to spend the
time/money on one it's your responsibility to make sure you're reminding
them _regularly_ that they have an exposure. And if you're a company
covered by SOX you may need to address this w/the board.

Finally, when you do do a DR test, pretend _you_ are the disaster! That
is, pretend you're the one that was in the building when it exploded, or
you were the one flying the plane that crashed into the datacenter, or
just pretend you're on a nice cruise in the middle of the Atlantic and
unavailable. A DR test doesn't test if _you_ can recover from a
disaster, it tests if the _company_ can recover.
-Walden