I cannot get one of the endpoint systems in Management Central to respond.

I noticed the other day that some iNav (Management Central) collection jobs weren't running. Odd because they used to; I'd see the Collection Started / Finished windows when I'd log into my PC some mornings.

Trying to fix this I went to Management Central, but it could not connect to the central system (Servo). Again, odd because I'm sure I did that last week. It could, however, find the system under the "My Connections" tab; right clicking and selecting 'System Status' worked.

Okay, so I decided to change the central system to our other box (Crow). And now I can get into Management Central. But the Endpoint for Servo still did not work; i.e., any collection timed-out; checking PM status fails, etc.

Okay, so I decided to delete Servo as an endpoint system. The first time it didn't delete; the second time (an hour later) it did. Then did a discovery of systems in the network, which is supposed to add any new ones it finds to the Endpoint tab. Discovery did not find Servo. So I added it manually. Checked the Properties (right click the endpoint system name) and it shows the correct IP address, but still no luck starting collections or viewing the PM status on Servo. Crow, the new central point system, works fine in Management Central.

I checked the archives and found that Vern had a similar problem back almost exactly seven years ago. Except that in his case the IP addresses of the systems had been changed, which is not true in my case. And I did not see any eventual resolution to the problem. I did check the HOSTS file in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc, which has

127.0.0.1 localhost
10.0.0.18 CROW_CONSOLE
10.0.0.19 SERVO_CONSOLE

which are our LAN consoles for the two boxes. If there's another HOSTS file somewhere, Windows Search didn't find it.

The "Verify Connection" for Servo under the "My Connections" section verified. No such option (that I can find) under Management Central...Endpoint Systems...Servo. There is one for Management Central itself, but it only verifies the central system.

The Management Central server under TCP has been started under both systems, but just to be sure I stopped the one on Servo and restarted it. Once via iNav and later via green screen commands.

Is there anything under CFGTCP or in iNav that I can check? Anything else?

Thanks.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
--