That's a multipart problem. But let's start with the general. The i only
supports being an ODBC server, not a client. It chose a different
standard - DRDA. Published standard and all that rot but which only IBM
seems to use (think token ring). Common no cost route that people often
choose is JDBC and there have been numerous articles on how to use JDBC
from your i to SQL Server. We contracted with Joe Pluta years ago to do
this once. Really wish we had done it in house because we now have
another need. But we were so busy at the time...

There are a number of commercial products to do this also. IBM only
requires the first born male children of everyone in your village for
their product. There are numerous others that participate on this list
and it stuns me that they've missed an opportunity to hawk their product.

To talk to Notes from DB2 we use LEI or Lotus Enterprise Integrator. But
then, a vast majority of our Domino servers are all i based. Vice versa,
to talk to DB2 from Notes is like using ODBC.

To talk to a different i is done a number of different ways:
- DDM or Distributed Data Management. See CRTDDMF. These are not usable
by SQL.
- By adding the appropriate entries in WRKRDBDIRE and using SQL's CONNECT
TO. Biggest drawback is that you cannot be connected to local and a
remote at the same time. Many people work around that by using RPG's RLA
or Record Level Access to traditionally Read, Write, Update and then use
SQL's CONNECT TO for the remote.
- For large batches you may want to save the data to a save file, ftp that
over, restore that, and process that.