Thanks for your reply Vern
and also to everyone else who was gracious to reply
You are right. It is rerun every time the view is opened.
I took Birgitta's suggestion of a view over a view, which seems to move the
fastest

Again
thanks to all

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill