Good morning all
hopefully I can explain this AND make sense
We have a master file that holds a date as a numeric field (really old
system that is behind the times)
I've been asked to create a view over the master file that will ONLY
contain records of 1 year or less
In other words, todays view will have 1 years worth of data
tomorrows view will again only contain 1 years worth of data. Some records
on todays view will NOT be on tomorrows view as they are older than 1 year
here is the where clause of the SQL

where
current_date -
date(substr(digits(dt.orddte),1,2)||'/'||
substr(digits(dt.orddte),3,2)||'/'||
substr(digits(decimal(decimal(substr(
digits(dt.orddte),5,2)),3,0)),2,2)) <= 100;

If I run the SQL now, it will satisfy the one year situation, but that same
view tomorrow will contain records older than one year, therefore I will
need to drop and re-create the view and as the master file contains a
GINORMOUS number of records, it can take a while to construct the view
Hence my question

Hope this makes sense

As always
ANY help is MUCH appreciated

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill