I wondered the same thing a few months back. I came up with something that came close:

CREATE TABLE New_Table (LIKE Reference_Table, PRIMARY KEY (field1))

Of course, this won't work for you, since you are not selecting all columns from the reference table.

Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com