From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello
Sent: Friday, 14 August 2009 7:11 a.m.
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Full OS migration from a 9407-515 to 8403-E4A without using
tape

Lukas,

The only issue that I see is that unless you reload SLIC and
initialize your system you won't have the System Values, Reply list entries,
changes to anything in QSYS, and DST profiles. This is mostly because they
would have been already on the system if you don't reinitialize. So when
you D-mode IPL from the LTO-4 tape that you created up to DST, I assume you
will take the Restore SLIC and initialize the system option.

The DUPTAP running on V6R1 *SHOULD* duplicate the virtual tape of
V5R4M5 to the new LTO-4 Tape without changing anything.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com