One think that I failed to mention that may or may not affect your thoughts is that the tables between the i5 side and MS SQL side are not 1 to 1. There are cases where one row/column/table on the i5 side can apply to multiple rows/columns/tables on the MS SQL side. And where multiple rows/columns/tables on the i5 side apply to one row/column/table on the MS SQL side. This is due to de-normalization and such on the web side to improve performance and data availability.

I am also concerned with the performance hit between the two proposed solutions. Since the programs (not including the actual trigger program) used in the trigger solution are just batch jobs, I can control the resources they get. That does not seem to be the case with journaling.

Thanks,
Scott J.

This thread ...