From: Colin Williams <colinwilliams007@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 23, 2009 5:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Greenhorn i5'er

Learn CL Programming . As an operator that will put you head and shoulders
above the guys that just blindly follow the commands they have been told how
to use.

When I started as an operator years ago, thats one of the first things I
did, and it enabled me to automate lots of manual processes, that people
would just routinely follow. Today I would also recommend REXX and Qshell
also.

The other thing to do if you are not from a programming background is take a
programming course. Doesnt really matter what language so much, the concepts
will help you look at things from another perspective and will help with
automation of various processes