I will do that. Thanks for all your help.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Personally, I prefer to have expect (and anything else I download)
installed into /usr/local/xxx -- that way, if I want to save/restore
everything to another system, I have only to save the /usr/local
directory and restore it on the other system. If you put it into
/qopensys/usr/bin or similar, you won't be able to do that because it'll
be mixed in with the OS/400 provided stuff.

So "local" is for "stuff that's local to this machine, not stuff
installed everywhere"

Just add /usr/local/bin to your PATH envvar.

Burke, Joel wrote:
Great. That worked.

One thing i noticed, the expect command does not seem to be in my path. I
have to call:
/usr/local/bin/expect

Do i need to add the path to my enivorment variables or should i have
installed expect to a different directory?