I am fairly certain that DCM supports self signed certificates. In the
end Verisign is a CA that self signs it's certs. It just so happens that
Verisign (among others) come pre-installed as CA's on the IBM i. I am
wondering if at this point I just need to contact the web service provider
and figure out how they created this certificate and ask if they can
export the CA instead of the certificate itself (which I am not exactly
sure which of the two are being offered on the URL that I supplied earlier
- but I am led to believe it is NOT the CA just because I have installed
quite a few CA's in the past that were self signed and it should work the
way I am doing it).

BTW, if anyone is looking for a tutorial of how to install a CA of a URL
onto your AS400 you can look at the following page:
[1]http://rpg-xml.com/Downloads/Import_Certificate_Authority/Import_Certificate_Authority.html

Aaron Bartell
[2]http://mowyourlawn.com