Douglas Handy wrote:
Mark wrote:
if you type "ENDS36" and press Enter, you should be able to
exit from the S36 Environment to the "normal" OS/400 QCMD
environment, and then you will see what I described above.

Actually, on systems with it enabled and the user profile set to initial S36EE, if you try ENDS36 you get a SSP5748 error message saying you must sign off to end the S/36 environment session. But
if you do, when you sign on again you are right back in the S36EE
if the user profile is set to use the S36EE.

Any system defaulting to *S36E can have any users as exception to that default, by using CHGUSRPRF [or possibly CHGPRF] SPCENV(*NONE). In so doing, the next time that user signs on, they will no longer enter the S/36EE automatically. When STRS36 is performed by such a user, then the ENDS36 is available to be used, because such a user enters and exits the S/36E only as\when required.

Regards, Chuck