I hated to post another "the blade is fixed" message just to have the thing crash the next day but, the JS12 *has* been running now for almost two weeks without as much as a burp. I suspect it was the HBA on the blade that was the issue because once I replaced it, the blade ran consistently. However, within 24 hours I had fixpack 21 of VIOS 2.1 installed and it had a bunch of fixes to various and sundry IBM i on blade issues. I have been blogging about it here: http://www.petesworkshop.com/blog_wp/ and, since the blog is running on the i, if you can read the blog, the blade is still running.

The bottom line: As soon as you get your blade, check all the firmware levels and make sure VIOS is absolutely current. There is no "close enough" here. Managing all the firmware levels and making sure they are current is job #1 in the blade world. If you have that covered, the i will take care of itself. (Well, if IBM has all the issues fixed in VIOS, the i will take care of itself...)

Pete