For the people currently using some kind of 3rd party purchased source code management. How big of a programming staff do you have and are you writing code for your own use or are you selling it?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Source Code management - Migrating packages

We also use MKS

One of the nice things it does for you is warn you that someone else has
already checked a source out. You then have the option of taking a copy of
the production version or the one that has already been checked out (Hint -
use the production version.)
It will also halt you when you attempt to promote the changed version and
inform you of the concurrent development of that source.

Our cycle is that we check out the source (see above), change it in
development (with unit testing). Promote into QA for testing by the QA
group. Then promote it into PRODUCTION.
You also have the option of rejecting from QA into development.
One option I wish was available. When a reject from QA back to development
is required (project cancelled etc) would be to have the option of
refreshing QA with the version in production, instead of manually having to
do this

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill