Apparently there's an obscure issue with communication traces on 6.1. We
submit a STRCMNTRC on a few lines every night. Every night an ENDCMNTRC,
PRTCMNTRC and DLTCMNTRC are done and then STRCMNTRC again. Some times we
can't start them again and we get CPF7206 - Work with communications trace
ended abnormally. Completion code X'021C' qualifier X'DDDB84FE3CFFBC50'.
FROM PGM LIBRARY INST TO PGM
QSMRQDQR QSYS 03DE QSCSTRCT

Attempts to go into STRSST, and "Work with communications trace" abort
with the same error, only
From program . . . . . . . . . : QSMSFEX
From library . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Instruction . . . . . . . . : 001A
To program . . . . . . . . . . : *EXT
instead.

Last time this happened I got that there will be no fix in 6.1 and look
for the next release. IBM connected in and patched it.
Happened again (new pmr referencing old that went to archives). IBM is
scheduling person to connect in again. Other option was to IPL and see if
that clears it. It would take a lot more than this to perform an
unscheduled IPL on this particular lpar. Now we are just trying to sync
our out of office for this week to get the patch done. I can wait (a
little).