Quoting CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>:

John McKee wrote:
<<SNIP>>

So, what does "Cover Letter Only" mean? All I see in the help is
only the cover letter has been received. Since Service Director
reported the problem, why just cover letters?

FWiW one example would be an /informational APAR/ which is a
no-code PTF; i.e. only a cover letter, because the text of the
/APAR/ is made deliverable by the same process as a standard PTF,
but no PTF save file is required for lack of any code being
included. Such a /PTF/ would be delivered with an identifier prefix
of II* instead of SI* which would be expected for a code PTF
[assuming there is not an even new prefix since SF*]. There is also
the option of ordering only a cover letter irrespective of the
existence of a PTF save file with any given PTF identifier. That
would seem unlikely, unless that /problem/ recognized that the
superseding PTF is already applied, so no save file was required,
yet since the details about any preventive or corrective fix are
specific to the one PTF identifier; i.e. the text is in its cover
letter.

Regards, Chuck
--

After closer examination, SI27729 was a cover letter only. The other two were
applied. Finally found how to deal with SI27729. Just delete it and then send

Any speculation as to why a PTF would only have a cover letter on the system
when actual code was involved?

John McKee